Why Did We Create BioMusic Science & Imagination Works?
We started BioMusic Science & Imagination Works (BSIW) to develop engaging, cutting-edge youth media capable of broadening and strengthening children’s capacities to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our approach is one we know can be transformative for today’s youth who are growing up in an age of uncertainty and tremendous global change. Our aim is to help ground young minds by providing novel, effective means to:
- Assist them positively foresee and reimagine possibilities and
- Access meaningful connectedness with each other and the environment.
To build these intellectual, emotional, and creative capacities, we’ve designed and are implementing innovative learning media based on research and integrative knowledge.
- Our media is designed to:
- Boost the Social-Emotional Intelligence of youth
- Use Biomusic to boost the relational cognitive capacity of youth (this makes them smarter)
- Encourage inclusive and collaborative behaviors
- Strengthen the creative capacity of youth so that they can imagineer their futures!
What is BioMusic Science & Imagination Works?
BSIW media is designed to electrify the untapped brain/body potential of youth—something typically overlooked by other learning approaches. In essence, we are providing rocket fuel for young brains!
- We develop animated programming, games, and digital learning tools—all designed to fascinate learners as they explore the science of sound and music-making.
- We propel youth into discovering the deep structures of positive communication in nature. By using their innate musicality and their fascination with music and animals, youth make connections between we humans and the natural world while discovering the power of our sound environments as both musical and sonic communications. Our tools also support building scientific knowledge, strengthening critical thinking skills… AND having a great time!
- We carry youth through the wondrous world of BioMusic with animated and live videos, interactive tools and games, and pit-stops along the way for real-life interactions with the natural world.
- We reprogram how children connect and communicate with the world, so we can equip them with new ways to meaningfully communicate with each other and with other species.
- We empower parents and educational providers who seek to remain on the cutting edge of learning with the tools to transform the youth they support.
How We Are Making a Difference
Our programs build on both long-recognized and emerging human and animal communication and BioMusic sciences. We have worked long hours converting this breadth of research into effective, simple media and learning tools that that builds the perfect balance between brain food and fun!
Here’s a glimpse at the science:
- Communication is they key to bridging connections between humans and animals
- Musical communication is intimately connected to STEM. These are just a few of the countless examples from research: Science, music, & endorphins • Technology and voice assistants • Engineering and voice recognition • Math and frequency waves
- The greater resources that individuals have to creatively learn and interact with others and their environment, the faster their brains build to integrate new knowledge. See: dolphins • bonobos • octopus
- Emotional intelligence is different from general intelligence and one of the most sought after skills for the future.
The brain is in a state of flux during childhood. We call this neural plasticity[link], which allows young people the capacity to learn information extremely fast and retain that information for long periods of time.